Tips for leaders:
- If you are planning a new trip, check the Trip Planner page to see what others have scheduled.
- Print the Waiver and Release Form and have participants sign it at the meeting place.
- Remind participants to move quietly behind you, and to let you know if they leave early.
- Make sure that all participants have a chance to see the object of interest.
- For birding trips, please post a list of sightings on Albertabird and on eBird. If you or another participant submits an eBird checklist, other participants can opt to receive a shared eBird checklist. Please share the list with firstname.lastname@example.org. You will find instructions about this on eBird help for trip leaders and participants.
- Please return the completed Waiver forms to the Nature Calgary secretary either by mail to our PO Box, or at a meeting or other event.
- Download the Mileage Reimbursement form (as a PDF or an Excel document) to receive a charitable donation receipt for field trip leader mileage expenses incurred
Check out recent Bird Sightings in our area:
Albertabird – a Yahoo group for bird sightings in Alberta.
BirdTrax – shows a summary of recent eBird sightings in the Calgary area.
Ebird Canada – use Explore Data menu. No userid needed.
Alberta Birds (Facebook Group). – mostly photos.
Lead a field trip!
Show us the way to your favourite natural area, or help us to find new nature spots in and around Calgary. Others will help with identification, and you can partner with an experienced leader to get started. To share your knowledge of a favorite location, please contact Ian Ross at 403-246-4213 or