Bird Study Group
March 2015: Bird Study Group Survey: Your feedback and input is valuable to us. Please follow the link below to take a brief survey. When you respond to the survey questions please give us your personal thoughts, not what you think others may want.
2016 Calendar Project:
This year Nature Calgary will be publishing a limited edition calendar for 2016, available in September 2015, in plenty of time for purchase as Christmas presents for all your friends and relatives!
The calendar subject will be “Birds of Calgary”.
We will feature thirteen bird photographs, with a wide variety of season-specific species, for the calendar. We invite you to submit up to five of your favourite bird photographs, of birds that can be seen in the Calgary area.
Criteria for Picture Submissions:
- Pictures should be 7″ x 5″ and 300 dpi, to allow for good reproduction
- Submissions must include photographer name and bird identification
- Bird species only (no kills, nesting birds, or other species in the picture)
- Photographers must be members of Nature Calgary
- Horizontal (“landscape”) format
- No trademark or photographer names or watermarks on the picture (species and photographer copyright will be included in a caption below picture)
- Please submit your photographs to BirdStudy@naturecalgary.com with subject line: 2016 Calendar Entry
- Submission deadline is July 31, 2015
Pictures will be reviewed in August and up to two photographs may be included, per photographer.
About the Bird Study Group:
Nature Calgary’s Bird Study Group’s goal is to encourage birding in the Calgary area and beyond, by helping local birders develop their knowledge and skills. Our members are active local birders of all skill levels who are keen to share their knowledge and experiences.
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month (except June, July, August) with speakers, announcements, and quizzes, all specifically about birds – and a chance to meet other birders over coffee and cookies. See the Events page for details.
Bird Counts: The Bird Study Group also organizes the Christmas Bird Count in our region, and members participate in the May Species Counts. Watch for announcements on this page about these important count schedules.
Contact: Chair of BSG, Andrew Hart, 403-279-5209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing list: To add or change you email subscription to the Bird Study Group email notice, please login here, then scroll down in your profile page to click on “Manage Subscription Options”.