Our Commitment to Privacy
Nature Calgary (The Calgary Field Naturalists’ Society) is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, volunteers, sponsors, donors, partners, and program participants, and will manage the confidentiality of their personal information with care.
Information We Collect
With your consent, Nature Calgary may collect personal information from you over the telephone, internet, mail, fax or other electronic media, or in person. This information may include name, contact information, program interests, special requests, evaluations, and any payment information.
Nature Calgary shall maintain records for no less than seven (7) years. No names of individuals or corporations shall be published without prior consent of an authorized person. Anonymous donors shall be acknowledged accordingly.
How We Use Your Information
Nature Calgary collects your personal information:
- To match skills and volunteer jobs.
- To be able to communicate with you (mail, phone and or email).
- To inform you about Nature Calgary activities (e.g. Bird Study Group,
- General meetings, special events)
- Email notices to members will use the BCC option to protect individual email addresses.
- To create awareness of Nature Calgary programs and events that may be of interest to you.
- To confirm registration in trips and events.
- To comply with legal and insurance requirements.
- To react to an emergency situation.
- Information may also be summarized and used for planning and reporting purposes. We do not rent, sell, or trade our mailing lists and other personal data.
Giving and Withdrawing Consent
You may choose to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the President and identifying which personal information you no longer wish to be collected or communications you wish to opt out of, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions. Withdrawal of your consent may restrict or discontinue our service to you.
Accessing and Changing Your Personal Information
At any time you may request to verify your personal information with Nature Calgary by contacting the President. At the time of the request, you may be asked for identity verification prior to discussion and change of personal information.