RMERF is looking for volunteers to assist with its spring and fall eagle and raptor counts in Kananaskis Country. The 2018 spring count will be help on from March 1 to April 22, 2018. This is an important contribution to citizen science, monitoring the Golden Eagle migration pathway along the Front Ranges. More information about observing and workshops.
Weaselhead/Glenmore Park Preservation Society and Nature Calgary are partners in a research project that is supported by staff from the City of Calgary and Cows & Fish, to investigate the control of invasive shrubs in riparian areas. The project will take place in the Weaselhead over the next three years, starting in May/June of 2012. Many thanks to the volunteers who helped with this project.
Representation and Partnerships
Nature Calgary has a long history of being involved in environmental matters in the Calgary area, and currently has representatives on the following advisory boards or committee:
- Stanley Park redevelopment: Sarah Nevill
- Bowmont Park NEPC: Horst Grothman
- Nose Hill NEPC: Jamie Noakes
- Calgary Regional Wetlands Committee: Bob Pella
- Paskapoo Slopes NEPC: Suzanne Visser
- Calgary River Forum Society: Jamie Noakes
- Weed Lake Management Committee: Bob Pella, Ian Halladay
- Bend in the Bow park management project (City of Calgary): Cassiano Porto, Ian Ross, John McFaul