Everyone with an interest in learning about nature is welcome on our field trips. Just a few guidelines:
- All Nature Calgary field trips are free of charge.
- Some trips require pre-registration with the leader. Please contact the trip leader at least 24 hours ahead to register. For any trip, you are welcome to contact the leader with questions about the location or conditions.
- Participants must sign a waiver and release for each trip, supplied by the leader at the meeting place.
- Unless the description of the field trip includes “Bring a lunch”, the majority of trips will be two to three hours in length. Trips may be extended if the leader and some of the participants wish to continue. Similarly, if the weather is miserable, the trip may be cut short.
- Stay with the group, let the leader lead, share the sightings, and move quietly.
- If you must leave early, please notify the leader.
- Leave your dog at home.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the conditions.
- Bring sun screen, hat, insect repellent, water, snack, camera, as needed.
- More information about birding ethics and etiquette: American Birding Association Code of Ethics, Audubon Society Birding Basics
Maps and information about many of the field trip destinations are on the Birding Locations page.
What will you see? Check our Birding pages for checklists and migrant arrival lists. Check our Botany pages for photo galleries of typical plants. Young naturalists can try our Beginner’s Nature Checklist.